I am an Art Teacher, Concept Artist, with experience in Adult Education sector, in privet workshops, as well as in public school sector.
The last two years I work as an full time Art Teacher in Public sector (primary school). Having Being in charge of more than 350 students across all the primary school levels, and successfully participated in internal, local and european projects ( e.g Comenius) with my students.
Graphic Design Degree(1996) was the first stepping stone towards the art adventure. This degree led me to start searching more adequate fields of expression and art practices. I continued attending an BA In Art and Art Teaching, at the ‘Athens School of FIne Arts’. Part of my BA was attended in France (2005-2006) at École supérieure des arts décoratifs de Strasbourg.
After my graduation, from the ‘Athens School of Fine Arts’ I worked as an Art Teacher in various privet and public educational sectors, teaching among others, academic design, Architectural design and history of Art. The need to extend my knowledge theoretically philosophically as well as practically led me to decide to attend an MA course in Goldsmiths University of London.
I attended an MA in ‘Aural and Visual Cultures’, in Goldsmiths University, in London, which extended my understanding for Visual Cultures. The course has sharpened my attention variously to interacted areas of culture expressions in the domains of Aural (aurality, musicality, noise, voice) and Visual communication (video, installation art, sonic art, etc). In the light of these innovative critical approaches I had the chance to implement critical theory, within the contemporary visual and aural art fields, and their intersections.
Having been self employed, for twelve years (1997-2009) in the field of art, has rendered me aware of the professional responsibilities as required in relation to art practices, in various domains and sectors.
The opportunity to contribute and be engaged in a community environment of applied art practices would be a pleasure and a challenging position for me.
Teaching : Resourceful imaginative teaching.
Academic Design: Highly trained in a wide array of artistic mediums, and academic designing/drawing.
Creative: Talented installing art appreciation, promoting creativity and open perspectives in artistic/social projects.
Supportive: Offer individualized support and provide positive encouragement.
ECDL core European Computer Driving License (ECDL) Core Certificate: Windows
XP, Word, Excel, Internet, Access, PowerPoint.
Pc & Mac Literate: Knowledge of Adobe Suite software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,
Good knowledge: Maya, Painter11, Digital Painting.
My Portfolio : http://www.stelioslykotrafitis.com
2009 - 2010 Goldsmiths University of London
MA in Aural and Visual Cultures
2002 - 2007 University of Athens School of Fine Arts
Art Painter and Art Teaching
Grade: 29/30 (First Class)
2005 - 2006 École supérieure des arts décoratifs de Strasbourg
12&13 Jan &
16&17 Mar. 2013: Seminar: ‘Bringing Europe to School Teachers (B.E.S.T)
& ‘Learning EU at schools’ Piraeus University
& 02 Mar. 2013: Seminar “Art Therapy In education” Athens School of Fine Arts
04-05 Jan. 2012: Seminar “Visual Art implementations in education” Athens School of Fine Arts
24-26 Jun. 2011 International Congress “Education and Social Integration of Vulnerable Groups” University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, KETHEA, UCSanDiego.
07-11 Nov. 2011: Introduction training for the Secondary and Primary school teachers
May 2013: Representative Teacher on behalf of the 1st Primary School of Paiania-Athens,
(Under the auspices of the Greek Public Education Sector ),
at the 3rd Comenius Project Meeting
“Learning to Give, Learning to Get’’ in SLOVAKIA.
Sept. 2011 - present, Art teacher
Full time Art teacher at Greek Public School,
- Introducing to the students the first and basic principles of art, encouraging their imagination along with introduction to history of art.
- Ensuring the teaching process and contributing towards the implementation of the objectives.
- Established and maintained effective relationships with students.
- Preparing the study materials, and keeping the program of teaching according to the required results.
- Providing the appropriate information and advices to students, taking into account each time, their individual perspective and special needs and capacities.
- Supervising students’ progress and assessing their performances.
Nov 1997 - Dec 2009 Self-Employed,
- Self-employed undertaking commissions, icon painting in churches, wall painting (fresco); participating in private and team exhibitions. Art Teacher in private and public art workshops.
Jan 2009 - Jun 2009 Art Teacher Instructor
Prefecture of Eastern Attica (under the auspices of the Ministry of Education)
- Instructing students in art such as painting, sketching, designing, sculpturing and history of art.
- Demonstrating the use of a variety of art materials and tools such as oils, watercolors, palettes, brushes, pen, pencil, canvas and paper.
Jul 2005 - Dec 2005 Art Teacher-Tutor, “Art-Circle” Ergodidaskaleio
- Instructed classes, teaching the methods of drawing, painting and architectural design.
Jun 2005 - Dec 2005 Art Tutor, “Peri Tehnis”
- Responsible for the preparation of students for entrance examinations in the University of -Fine Art, and University of Architecture, teaching drawing, painting, history and theory of Art, for both faculties.
Memberships and Professional Affiliations
- "IfL((Institute for Learning) -(IfL membership number: AH000279) UK
- "Qualified Teacher Status (QTS's Teacher Reference Number: 1233 719) UK
- “GTC" General Teaching Council of England UK
- “Chamber of Fine Arts of Greece'' GR
- “Association International des Arts Plastiques” FR
- “Tes Connect" UK
- ''Napp Association'' USA
- ''an AIR'' UK
- ‘Graphic Design Association’ GR
- "Department of Education" UK
EXHIBITIONS Research Projects
- 2013 Group exhibition at ‘Contemporary Art Centre :Athens (Subject: Installation)
- 2011 Group exhibition at ‘Cultural Centre of Melina’ :Athens (Subject: Painting)
- 2010: Solo exhibition at ‘Cultural Centre of Municipality of Paiania’ Athens (Subject: Painting)
- 2008: Group exhibition at “Factory Hall” of Athens School of Fine Art (Subject: painting-Installation)
- 2005: Privet Gallery at Thessaloniki (Subject: Painting)
- 2004: Cultural Centre of Thermi – Thessaloniki (Subject: painting)
- 2003: Cultural Centre Xylocastro (Subject: Painting)
- 1998: Cultural Centre Agia Paraskevi – Athens (Subject: Painting)
- 1997: Kozani City Hall (Subject: Painting)
- 1995: Cultural Centre Agia Paraskevi – Athens (Subject: Painting)
- 1994: Exhibition Cultural Centre Mylos – Thessaloniki (Pan-Hellenic exhibition of Comics)